Trying Guest Posting? Still no success?
Don’t worry because we have got your back.
Top 9 common mistakes that you should avoid when Guest Posting:
1. High-quality links but low-quality content?
What audience demand is high-quality content. Add VALUE to the audience.
- User-friendly and original content.
- While writing the content, keep the blog’s targeted audience in mind. You need to blend their needs and requirements with your style and expertise.
- Insert images, videos, gifs, charts to make it more attractive.
- Write shorter sentences.
- Use subheadings.
- Use Long-tail keywords, but after keyword research.
- Before writing, research about the type of content posted on the blog.
- Follow guest posting guidelines.
Remember the marketing buzzword: Content is the king.
2. Spammy Guest Post and Links
- Post the same content on different websites.
- Post the same content from your website
It’ll be considered spam as per Google’s guidelines.
Moreover, stuffing the guest post with links won’t let you go far. Spamming guest posts with links have been prohibited by Google.
Execute the right way,
Else you might get penalized.
3. Choosing the wrong blog/website
Choose the right type of blog/website. Target the right after research and a clear objective in mind. Don’t get a link from a low DA(Domain Authority) website. It might hamper your ranking or not affect it at all.
4. Outsourcing to the unknowledgeable
Guest Posting is about sharing your expertise and knowledge with the audience. Outsourcing the work to unknowledgeable people will only waste your time and money.
5. Poor Bio
Make it short and interesting. Give a reason for the audience to check your website.
Include your inbound links and social media links in your bio. Include some coupons or offers to get leads.
6. Have you thought about your website content?
Let’s consider that your content was rich with information. It leads to referral traffic back to your website. But if the content of your website is not interesting then only the bounce rate will increase.
7. Guest Posting just once
Writing just one high-quality post won’t give you leads. Writing more and regularly guest blogs and posting on famous blogs/websites will help you. Well, the thing is: The more you write good posts, the more your brand name becomes recognizable. The more you get recognized, the more people start trusting you. And Voila! The outcome is more traffic, more leads and more sales.
8. Writing about business
Don’t write straightaway about your business. The promotion of your business should not be done. But still, you aim to get referral traffic. Mention Call to action(CTA) at the end of the post for engaging with the audience. You can even attract traffic by giving coupons.
9. No self-promotion
Just because you posted on a blog with many and strong audience doesn’t mean you won’t take any further initiative. Share your posts on your social media accounts.
Focus on NETWORKING and not just on LINKS.
Guest Posting is a great way to establish authority and get exposure. So, DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!
Here you will find the high authority websites for guest posting:
I have collected these sites over web and these sites are indexed on Google.